Rain harvesting with gutter guards is a simple technology that is used to collect and store water from different sources when it rains.
The rainwater is collected from rooftops and other man-made surfaces before it disappears into the ground. It is an ancient practice that has grown in popularity over the years. It helps promote water and energy conservation.
The Popularity of Rain Harvesting with Gutter Guards
Rain harvesting is common in rural Australia where water from the roof of houses and other surfaces is collected and stored in water tanks and dams after it rains so that it does not get lost after falling on the ground. Rainwater can be collected not just in rural areas but also in the modern cities of Australia.
Depending on the amount of water you want to collect, you can plan on the size of the storage tanks. The size of your property is also an important factor that you need to take into consideration when choosing the size of the storage tank.
Benefits of Harvesting Rainwater with Gutter Guards
- You may be able to reduce the flow of storm water and this can help minimise the overflow of storm water drains in your neighbourhood. Flooding can be easily prevented due to this. You can choose to save the water underground or over ground and use it whenever required.
- The reliance on water storage dams is reduced and this ensures that you do not have to build or expand new dams. The stored water can be used when there are future water outages. You may be able to gain total control over your water supply and do not have to rely on any other source to get water. This could increase your survival chances in a bushfire.
What Are The Different Uses Of Collected Rainwater?
- The rainwater that is collected can be used for irrigation in rural areas. In cities, you can choose to use it to water your garden or lawn.
- You can use the rainwater for indoor non-potable use in toilets. Use it to wash your vehicles and refill the swimming pool.
- If the water is properly disinfected and filtered, you can also choose to use it for potable purposes.
Rainwater harvesting with gutter guards is one of the most inexpensive ways to collect and store the most precious resource of the world. Good luck from Leafbusters!